Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Artful Crafting Challenge 6: Made with Alcohol inks!

Hi there everyone with a new project for Artful Crafting. The theme this time is "Made with alcohol inks. Hop on here to read the details of the challenge and to have a look at other DT's projects.
I have had this image from Jacqueline's Craft Nest in my Pinterest for so long and I literally used her idea to create this card for today's challenge.


Let's look at my kit first. :) 
I had received Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks in (L to R) Mountain Rose, Meadow and Hazelnut and Pearl Mixative, Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink Card stock and their Applicator Felt. Shop them from Artful Crafting here

I began with cutting small squares of the card stock first. Second Step was to use the first color to create random patterns on each paper tile by simply putting a drop and them blowing air (with the mouth) to randomly move the ink. Next, I took the other color (meadow) to follow the previous step. I did not use Hazelnut since Mountain Rose and Meadow mixed together where they overlapped and gave brown color already. :) 
When the inks had dried, I simply took the pearl mixative and threw random droplets on the tiles to give a nice shimmer to the tiles. The white translucent drops in the picture above are from the mixative.  The last step was to find a few stamps and stamp the tiles with Versamark and use gold and black embossing powder. 

You can use the similar idea on real life tiles. Here are a few pictures of the project. Hope you enjoy them :) 



Do leave your feedback. 
Love,
Jaihan 

Inspiration picture: 



5 comments: