Friday, August 7, 2015

Artful Crafting Challenge 5: Bright!


Hi there everyone!
I am back with another inspiration post for Artful Crafting Challenge. This time, the challenge is to use bright colors. And the colors are to be taken from this inspirational project by Shereen (Artful Crafting). Read more about the rules for Challenge 5 here.

The Project by Shereen. I took purple/yellow/green and orange. 
Let's talk about the kit first. So I had these amazing Tim holtz mini distress ink pads with the mini ink blending tools this time. The colors are so gorgeous and summery, I couldn't wait to try them! They were:
- Ripe Persimmon 
- Squeezed Lemonade
- Evergreen Bough
- Shaded Lilac

You can find a variety of distress ink pads and blenders on artful crafting's website here.

I decided to keep it simple, unlike the rest of my projects in general. Here's what I made.


I started off coloring the paper with Evergreen Bough and Shaded Lilac randomly and blending them in together with the mini ink blending tool. Then, I water misted it a bit to add a little texture and dried it off with a heat gun. You can also see a slight dotted pattern in the bottom left corner of the card, I did that by placing the Bubble stencil (same I used for texturing the card) and using an ink blender with water over it. 


Next Step was to add a little more texture so I placed the stencil over the dried background paper and put some texture paste . Once dried, I colored it randomly with Dried Parsimmon and misted some Squeezed Lemonade on it as well. 

Last step was to add the die cut heart from Tim Holtz Scribbles & Splat Collection. I colored it using the same Dried Parsimmon distress ink pad. Added the sentiment "Hello" from Tim Holtz Handwritten Celebrate Collection and colored it black. Added a few stones and it's all good to go. :)
Oh, and the die cut heart has been glossy accented :)  

You can see the dimension of the texture paste and the colors more clearly here.
Hope you like the project. Do leave your feedback and don't forget to participate. Looking forward! 
-J



4 comments:

  1. Really like the composition Jaihan! :) looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card... love the heart diecut and how you have used it!! super work as usual!!

    ReplyDelete